Welcome to Water Meadow Surgery
Click here to login to order repeat prescriptions and book appointments: SystmOnline
If you need to speak with a doctor urgently when we are closed call 111
INFORMATION FOR PATIENTS REGARDING CORONAVIRUS
As the government steps up its response to the Coronavirus, please think twice about whether you really need to visit the surgery.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced significant new measures to deal with the Coronavirus. He said that the response to Covid-19 should now be escalated and everyone should stop non-essential contact with others. This is particularly important for people over 70, those with underlying health conditions and pregnant women
The Chief Medical Officer has said that very profound changes' can reduce virus spread and taking these more drastic measures could help to change the course of the impact of the virus, otherwise, we run the risk of a "catastrophic epidemic" of coronavirus that risks your health and the health of many others and could bring the NHS to its knees.
It is for these reasons that we are escalating our plans to minimise the impact as much as we can. We have therefore decided that the next step is for us to restrict access to the surgery. This will help reduce the footfall in the building and help with social distancing to reduce the threat of cross-infection
- From now on our reception will be closed to visitors
- All initial appointments with a doctor will be telephone consultations.
- The doctors will try their best to diagnose and treat your symptoms remotely, but if they feel that you need to be seen, they will make an appointment for you to come to the surgery
- Patients who have a face to face appointment with a doctor or nurse should check-in using the check-in machine – touch to start
- If you have an appointment with a nurse please attend whatever your age unless you have symptoms.
- If you have a query you should email us at email@example.com or write to us or phone us
- If you are on repeat medications and you have a computer (and you have not already done so) you can register for online access to order these without the need to phone or call-in – call reception for details - you can also book some appointments online
- All routine appointments with the nurses for the following conditions are temporarily postponed;
- Travel advice - go to https://www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk/home
- Ear syringing - go to Chess Pharmacy
- Routine asthma annual checks
- Routine diabetic annual checks
- Coil fits
- Routine blood pressure checks
- All prescription requests will now take 3 days to process as the pharmacies are having difficulty coping with the unusually high demand
- The pharmacy has amended their opening hours to 8.30am to 12 noon and 2.00pm to 5.30pm
- You can order up to 14 days in advance of your next prescription
- Urgent prescriptions are only for the following items
- An inhaler of the reliever type i.e. salbutamol, Ventolin or ipratropium
- Heart drugs e.g. GTN spray
- Medicines for palliative care patients
- Epipens and Jext pens
- All other items are non-urgent and will not be processed the same day
We understand your concern at this time, but we ask you not phone or book appointments for minor illness or injury that can be self-treated.
For information about the Coronavirus go to https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
For further information click here info
The CQC has rated us as a good practice
(Site updated 24/03/2020)