Are You a Carer?
If you are please let us know - we may be able to help you
Carers Event 15th June @ Amersham click here
There is a wealth of information on NHS Choices about carers and caring. Below are some links into the site that we hope you will find useful.
- Caring for a parent
Watch this video on: caring for a parent at home
- Telling people
Caring responsibilities can make it difficult to maintain friendships or develop new ones. Telling your friends you're a carer is important so they understand and can support you.
- Taking a break
Caring for someone can be a full-time job, but it's essential that you take time out for yourself too. Read our guide to accessing breaks and respite.
- Housing and carers
Do you know your tenancy rights as a carer? Are you aware of all your care at home options? Do you need tips on moving someone around the home?
Carers support groups
Carers Bucks is a free service that supports carers of all ages, who might be caring for someone with dementia, a physical or learning disability, serious illness or mental health condition. Whatever your caring role Carers Bucks can help by providing: .
up to date information and advice on carers’ issues including benefits
- help to get a break
- training to help carers with their caring role
- an In Case of Emergency service (ICE) if carers are suddenly taken ill or have an accident.
- someone to talk to in confidence
- advice and support for working carers
- a Young Carer service for children and young people caring for a family member
- Online Community to meet other carers in similar situations
Finance and Law
Help claiming benefits, looking after your bank balance and understanding the legal issues of caring.